Are you looking for the best cast iron skillet for glass top stoves? Here are the 5 best cast iron skillet for glass top stoves of 2021 as reviewed by our team of experts and why you should choose these over other popular options.
If there is a type of cookware you can have in the kitchen to cook anything, it will be a cast iron. It is constructed of durable alloy steel and carbon. These carbon iron pans get heat up evenly and stand up against any nicks, scratches, and dents. It sears steak beautifully and holds constant temperature.
You can use them for deep frying and also use them as bakeware. Generally, other types of cookware need to be replaced after a certain period, but a cast-iron skillet gets better with each use as long as you can maintain it properly. They come in different shapes and sizes to choose from.
Best Cast-Iron Skillet For Glass Top Stoves: Quick Comparison Table
Best Overall: Cuisinel Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet
Best Premium: Rachael Ray Enameled Cast-Iron Red Shimmer Skillet
Best Budget: Bruntmor Cast Iron Square Skillet
Lodge Large Pre-Seasoned Classic Cast Iron Skillet
GreaterGoods Smooth Nonstick Cast Iron Skillet
Now that you’ve seen our top 5 best cast iron skillet for glass top stoves, we’ll give you more detail on each of them, including why we liked them. When you’re ready, click the orange button to get the best price on Amazon!
5 Best Cast-Iron Skillet For Glass Top Stoves Reviews
1. Best Choice: Cuisinel Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet, 10-Inches
Cuisinel pre-seasoned cast iron skillet has smooth finishing and provides even heat distribution. This helps in improved frying and cooking, even for grilling, induction, or glass stove cooktops. This is crafted with seasoned cast iron, which outlasts for years with regular washing and cooking for the long term.
The cast-iron skillet has a high heat-resistant quality and a durable tempered glass lid. It helps you to see through while cooking. Its non-slippery and heat resistant handle cover keep the hand safe while serving or cooking food. It is backed with a one-year money-back guarantee and ensures complete satisfaction after years of use.
2. Best Premium: Rachael Ray Enameled Cast-Iron Red Shimmer Skillet, 12-Inches
Rachael Ray Enameled Cast-Iron skillet is a versatile workhorse constructed using durable cast-iron. It is steady and evenly heat perfectly to brown your pork chops or make tangy or spicy skillet pizzas. The inside-outside surface is made of enamel, and no pre-seasoning is required.
The exterior of the skillet features red shimmer finishing. This is suitable for all kinds of cooktops. It is perfect for cooking in the oven, up to a temperature of 500 degrees. You can also use it to serve on the table; overall, if you see its enamel exterior finishing, it offers a nice, vibrant look. Its design promises to give lifetime performance.
3. Best Budget: Bruntmor Cast Iron Square Skillet, 10-Inches
The Bruntmor Cast iron square skillet is an enameled grilling pan suitable for all kinds of cooking needs. It gives you the same barbecue taste that you do not like firing up on the grill. This is heat-resistant cookware usually used for grilling purposes. Also, you can use it over the stovetop or broil in the oven.
It is a 10-inch enameled cast iron square skillet that comes with a helper handle. There are two heavy-duty lips on both sides of the skillet to help you pour excess liquid or fat. Its ridges make the pan perfect for browning or grilling.
4. Lodge Large Pre-Seasoned Classic Cast Iron Skillet, 13.25-Inches
Lodge American-made cast iron cookware boasts quality that is unmatched for more than a century. The natural, easy-release finishing, even heating, durability, and versatility are said to be the hallmarks of a great cookware set. They not only focus on cast iron made; they make heirlooms to bring different generations of people.
It is a multi-functional cookware that helps in slow cooking all your favorite recipes. You can use them on a campfire, stovetop, oven, and any slow-cook foods. It retains heat very well, helping to sear meat at high temperature and keeping a delicious meal warm for a longer period.
5. GreaterGoods Smooth Nonstick Cast Iron Skillet, 10-Inches
Do not need to compromise with the features when you buy GreaterGoods Smooth nonstick cast-iron skillet. The important feature that makes cast iron most attractive is its non-sticky and smooth interior. The other brands use rough interior as cast iron to maintain low cost.
Greater Goods skillet is a machine etched polished to get maximum smoothness of any perfect seasoned century-old cookware. Its sidewalls are also machined so that the ingredients get easily released from the sides of the pan. It heats up fast and offers even heat distribution for perfect cooking. This is a tested and certified pan to deliver and give the highest performance standards.
How To Use Cast-Iron Cookware on Glass Top Stoves?
Various skillets are made of pure cast-iron and enameled cast-iron; this cookware is highly durable, sturdy, and long-lasting. Before you invest, you must understand the various factors that can help you make the right decision; also, it becomes important for you to understand the use of cast-iron skillets, especially when you are cooking on glass top stoves. Let’s read further to understand how to use the cast-iron skillet on glass top stoves.
- The experts recommend avoiding heavy and uneven bottom pans or pots to use on glass top stoves. But it does not mean you cannot use any cast iron skillet on the glass cooktop. You can, but with enough precautions
- It would help if you always lifted the skillet from the stove rather than sliding your pan. Even if you want to move the pan to sit better on an element slightly, you must lift it instead of the half-inch you slid.
- Cast iron pan gets heavy when you fill it with food, and the pan can easily move down from the cookware. Therefore lift it with both your hands, but you must have a great grip on them. Slowly set it down carefully in one place without causing any scratch.
- Immediately do not wash the cast iron skillet after cooking. And always wash the cast iron pan before using it on a glass surface.
- Usually, cast iron absorbs oil very fast, and small food particles get deposited easily than other cookware types. So when you the pan again, this oil and deposits start to carbonize and burning up. This leaves stains and smudges on the glass surface.
- Such stains are difficult to removes, so washing cast iron pan before and after using thoroughly can prevent damaging your stovetop.
Essential Maintenance Tips for Cast-Iron Skillets
There are no hard and harsh rules for maintaining cast iron skillets. They are made of iron alloy along with little carbon to harden its material. Cast iron can hold up the heat for a long time and makes it ideal for searing a steak. As cast irons are pre-seasoned so it can get rust when exposed more to water or air. Therefore you should not soak them in soapy water, scrubbing more, or cook high acidic foods.
Cast iron should be cleaned when it is warm. You can wipe the food particles using paper towels, sponge, or rag and gently scrub all stuck-on bits using a brush or coarse salt. Then wash the skillet with hot water. Then dry out thoroughly with a paper towel or rag and place it on the stovetop to dry up over medium heat for 3 to 5 minutes. When it is dry, apply a coat of seasoning oil on the surface and store the skillet in any dry place.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you use cast-iron skillets on glass top stoves?
Yes, you can use cast-iron skillets on glass top stoves.
- Can you use cast-iron skillets on electric cooktops?
Yes, you can use cast-iron skillets on electric cooktops.
- How to ensure that your glass stovetop doesn’t get harmed when using cast-iron skillets?
It would help if you were careful while using cast iron skillets on a glass stovetop. You should maintain a habit of lifting the skillet rather than sliding it. Even if you want to move slightly, it is better to lift it and keep on the stove. It can cause scratches on a glass stove.
- How to use a cast-iron skillet on electric stoves?
First, you should place the cast iron skillet on an electric stove and then turn on the stove. Let the skillet get heat up properly, and it may take some time more than gas stoves. After that, only you have to apply butter or oil inside the skillet.
GreatGoods cast iron is priced for everyone to be affordable. It is a cast iron from an old American designer family. If you go for another brand pan, it may cost you more. Great Good cast iron skillet is an affordable heirloom quality skillet. They are giving accessories better than others at this price.