Are you looking the best non-toxic cookware? Look no further! Check out the 11 best PFOA and PTFE free cookware sets of 2021 and why you should choose them.
Best PFOA and PTFE Free Cookware: Quick Comparison Table
Best Overall: Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Best Budget: T-fal E765SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
Hard Anodized aluminum
Best Value: Calphalon Simply Nonstick Non Toxic Cookware Set
Hard Anodized aluminum
Best Non Stick: GreenPan Valencia Pro Induction Safe Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
Hard Anodized aluminum
Best Ceramic: GreenLife Soft-Grip Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
11 Best PTFE and PFOA Free Cookware
1. Best Overall: Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
The Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro cookware set offers the best pots and pans that are suitable for all kinds of cooktops. It is designed and constructed with many factors in mind. It has excellent surface polish to keep the color intact, does not cause adverse food reaction, and there are no alterations in flavor.
The triple-layer stainless steel construction keeps the heat distribution even and allows maximum heat retention. The rims of all cookware are designed for drip-free pouring.
The tight-fit lids in the Cuisinart cookware set are made of high-grade stainless steel, and the cool-grip handles are made of double-riveted stainless steel. The product is dishwasher safe, easy to use, and easy to handle.
The Cuisinart cookware set is also one of the best cookware for glass top stoves.
Why We Like This Cuisinart Cookware Set:
2. Best Budget: T-fal Ultimate Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set
This T-Fal Ultimate non-stick aluminum cookware set of pots and pans is constructed with hard-anodized aluminum amalgam with titanium, which overall engineers a high-grade non-stick interior that is great for browning, sautéing, and frying. It also features a heavy-gauge to ensure long-lasting durability. The product is free from all types of toxins and harmful chemical coatings, which makes it among the best cookware options for healthy cooking.
The best feature of these pots and pans is the indicator, which shows when the pan is at the perfect level of heat and is ready to have food prepared in it. Additionally, this cookware set is safe for dishwasher use and is extremely easy to clean and maintain due to its non-stick functionality. It is reasonably priced and provides an elegant look.
Why We Like This T-Fal Cookware Set:
This set gives you latest-technology cookware options to keep up as you modernize your kitchen. We included this cookware set in this list as it is a great investment to make for a modern kitchen. It is also a great gifting item for family occasions.
3. Best Value: Calphalon Simply Nonstick 10-Piece Non Toxic Cookware Set
What more can you ask from cookware brands? 10 years of complete warranty on the product says it all. This Calphalon Simply range of pots and pans are a great investment to make if you are looking for the best non toxic set for long-lasting, prolonged use. It is sealed with two layers of non-stick coating, both being PFOE-free. It features durability and exceptional performance along with all functionality that any non-stick cookware can offer.
Calphalon cookware doesn't let any type of food, even the stickiest ones, get stuck on the surface, making it convenient and effortless to clean and maintain the cookware. The covers are oven-safe and can withstand heat up to 450F. The comfortable grip handles are made of silicon with cast stainless steel, structured for heat resistance and added comfort.
Why We Like This Calphalon Cookware Set:
This set is a little pricey, but looking at the features and its durability factors, it is a good value for your money. It is a great investment to make, especially when you hear that the company offers a 10-year warranty on the product. Additionally, the design, make, and functionalities make highly popular in the market these days.
4. Best Non Stick: GreenPan Paris Pro Hard Anodized Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
GreenPan's non-stick coating is one of the best non-toxic cookware sets. It is free from toxins and harmful chemicals such as PFOA (perfluorooctanoic acid), PFAS, lead, and cadmium, which means you don't have to worry about accidental overheating and toxic fumes. The product's non-stick coating is reinforced with diamond coating for long-lasting durability. GreenPan uses natural material to build the non-stick coating, and is free of Teflon too.
What makes this cookware set a good option? It's the high-grade hard-anodized aluminum cookware construction, which makes it twice as sturdy as regular stainless steel cookware. It can meet all your daily needs for a variety of cooking styles. It is versatile for use, being compatible on most stovetops except induction. It is oven and grill safe as it can resist head up to 600°F. Easy to clean, this product has become a household favorite.
Why We Like This GreenPan Cookware Set:
We simply loved this product – this 11-piece GreenPan Teflon-free non-stick cookware is a great option for anyone. You will love it because when using these pots and pans, you will never have to worry about sticking food, and we are completely impressed with its make and design.
5. Best Ceramic: GreenLife Soft-Grip 16-Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
Are you in search of unique colors that can match your kitchen interiors? This GreenLife soft-grip non-stick cookware set is a perfect way to complement your kitchen décor. Primarily, it is a 100% non toxic cooking solution with no PFOA, PTFE, lead, cadmium, or PFAS contents. Toxin-free cooking allows you to cook without overheating, toxic-fuming, or unhealthy chemical release. Additionally, with this 16-piece cooking set, you get the ability of low-calorie cooking as well. You can cook delicious meals with minimal to no oil.
GreenLife provides solutions that ease your cooking process. The materials used have high heat conduction and even heating distribution, allowing you to save time and energy. It is compatible with all kinds of cooktops and can tolerate heat up to 350F. Now, you can avoid arguing over who will was the pots and pans - these are all dishwasher-safe!
Why We Like This GreenLife Cookware Set:
This is the most-favored PFOA-free and PTFE-free cookware if kitchen décor is your major concern. The color is fabulous, and the design and construction are sturdy. The thermolon ceramic coating brings a completely new meaning to health-friendly cooking, especially for those who are highly health-conscious and love to make food in minimal oil or butter.
6. HOMI CHEF 14-Piece Non Toxic Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Do you intend to cook large meals for your family and friends? This Homi Chef Cookware set of pots and pans allows you to cook a wide-range of meal items, allowing for frying, searing, braising, simmering, and more. You can cook anything and everything to meet your daily needs with this stainless steel 14-piece cookware set. The mirror-polished stainless steel design is far from that old-school cookware and is absolute bliss for your dining table.
This nickel-free, ecological cookware comes with six years warranty. There's so much that it offers, which includes toxin and corrosion-free cooking, even heat distribution with high energy savings, and elimination of hotspots. Because it has no non-stick coating, it's PFOA free and PTFE free. You can go for years together with this set of pots and pans.
Why We Like This HOMI CHEF Cookware Set:
If you use this Homi Chef Cookware set and decide you don't like it, you can return it within one month and get a refund. This shows reliability on the part of the brand. As the buyer, you can be rest assured about its quality, make, usage, and maintenance. It is a complete value for your money.
7. MICHELANGELO Ultra-Nonstick Stone 10-Piece Cookware Set
Michelangelo is an excellent option when it comes to healthy cooking – it's stone-derived (granite) ultra-nonstick coating serves the purpose. This set of pots and pans is uniquely designed and ultra-sturdily constructed with die-cast aluminum to deliver optimum performance for years together. This 10-piece cookware set will never peel, chip or flake, and you will never deal with hot spots when cooking.
We know how hard it is to find induction cookware; here, you can end your search – it is designed with induction-compatible bottoms. Additionally, you can use these pots and pans on gas, electric, ceramic, glass, and halogen stovetops. You can also use it in the oven as it can tolerate heat up to 450F. It is dishwasher-safe, so cleaning is easy and quick. It also includes user-friendly stay-cool handles and tempered-glass lids with vent holes.
Why We Like This MICHELANGELO Cookware Set:
What's better than cooking in earth-friendly material? This complete cookware set is free of toxins, including PFOA, lead, Teflon, cadmium, PTFE, and other harmful chemicals. To top it all off, you get this 10-piece set at a reasonable price. What more can you ask for?
8. GreenPan Lima Ceramic 12-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set
GreenPan's Lima collection is a great addition when it comes to health-defined cooking. It is an all-in-one package, especially if you are setting up a new, small kitchen for your family. The cookware set is made of hard-anodized aluminum body and thermolon ceramic non-stick coating, which makes it 100% free of harmful toxins such as PFAS, lead, PFOA, PTFE, and cadmium. Even if you've overheated your pan, there'll be no toxic fumes. This is a hand-wash only cookware set.
Along with toxin-free construction, this 12-piece cookware set is all set to meet your daily cooking demands, and you will never find scratches on the cookware body, even after repeated uses. These pots and pans are compatible for use on all types of cooktops except induction stoves. You can use it in with ovens up to 600F heat. The handles are designed with a comfortable, dual-riveted stainless steel grip, along with high-quality glass lids.
Why We Like This GreenPan Cookware Set:
Apart from the hand-washing limitation, this GreenPan Lima collection is an awesome inclusion for your home kitchen. It is a durable and long-lasting set of pots and pans, which is accompanied by high-grade lids and handles. It will look elegant and complement your kitchen interiors. You can use this set with most cooktops, except induction.
9. Bruntmor Heavy-Duty Cast-Iron 7-Piece Non Toxic Cookware Set
LetAre you searching for PTFE and PFOA free cookware set for when you are outdoors on an adventure? This Bruntmor cast iron cookware set will prove a great companion. It is pre-seasoned and offers a wide range of versatility. Not to mention, the material and the brand together feature power-packed functionalities. This cast iron cookware is designed for open-fire cooking, which is ideal for grilling and roasting. You can also bake pizza in the Dutch oven that this cookware set offers.
Bruntmor also allows you to cook with burning ash. The entire kit comes in a wooden box that makes it highly portable. As all cookware are pre-seasoned, cleaning won't be a hassle anymore. Because the material is cast-iron, you won't have to worry about toxins and harmful chemicals. Additionally, the quality of the surface keeps getting better and smoother on prolonged use.
Why We Like This Bruntmor Cookware Set:
Although this cookware set is distinct, it is all worth the money. You can use it for years to come – it will just keep getting better and smoother through use. Cast iron construction outstands all other cookware materials. No wonder our ancestors were as healthy and lived twice as us.
10. WearEver 15-Piece Ceramic Non Toxic Cookware Set
Made of heavy-gauge aluminum construction and topped up with ceramic coating, The WearEver pots and pans are another example of PTFE and PFOA free cookware set. It does not even contain lead or cadmium. It is scratch-proof, stain-proof, and highly durable. You can use metal utensils on the surface, where the heat is evenly distributed across these non-stick pots and pans.
You can cook on all types of stovetops except for induction using this non-toxic, PFOA free and PTFE freecookware set. It is accompanied with soft-grip, riveted handles and glass-tempered lids with vents, which let you cook securely and comfortably. This set of non stick pots and pans promotes healthy, even cooking.
Why We Like This WearEver Cookware Set:
WearEver 15-piece non-stick cookware set meets all the demands of eco-friendly cooking; it is reasonably priced and is competitive with top cookware brands. The red look makes it complement my kitchen; thereby, it's here on the list.
11. BulbHead Red Copper 10-Piece Copper-Infused Ceramic Non Toxic Cookware Set
Bring out the chef in you with this extraordinary collection of non-toxic BulbHead cookware. It is an excellent pick for those looking for the best non toxic set of pots and pans - it is constructed using tough copper-infused ceramic coating, which makes it corrosion-free and scratch-resistant. You can use it in the oven without having to worry about temperature - it can withstand heat up to 500F.
The BulbHead pots and pans set are easy to clean and maintain; it is safe for use is 100% PFOA free and also contains no lead, cadmium, or PTFE. It is compatible for use with most cooktops. The BulbHead cookware is also one of the best cookware for glass top stoves; however, you must use wooden or nylon utensils only. It is dishwasher safe; however, I recommend you hand-wash them to make them last longer. It is a budget-friendly product.
Why We Like This BulbHead Cookware Set:
It's a careful pick for those who are tight on their budget, yet want something health-friendly; this 10-piece set will serve your purpose.
6 Things To Consider When Choosing Non Toxic Cookware
1. Cost: You have to make sure that you are not paying more than you bargain for, especially for cookware that would not be perfect for you. That's why it's important to rationalize your budget.
2. Thermal Conductivity: It refers to the ability of the cookware to spread the heat evenly. This feature is very important to make sure that food is evenly cooked.
3. Reactivity: Some materials react badly to acidic ingredients; it is necessary to check whether the cookware you buy is reactive to it or not.
4. Durability: The cookware you choose should be durable and last long without any wear and tear.
5. Easy Maintenance: Non-stick cookware is mostly toxic; therefore, non toxic cookware should avail of some of the non-stick functionality. It should be easy to clean and care for.
6. Induction ready cookware: Today, many kitchens have an induction cooktop, that's why it's important to check if the cookware you buy is compatible with induction cooking.
6 Best Materials for Non Toxic Cookware
- Cast Iron: It is one of the healthiest materials for cookware, and provides not only evenly cooked delicious food, but is also of heirloom quality. They work great on the stovetop, campfire, grill, and even oven. It is important to maintain them regularly.
- Enameled Cast Iron: The features almost the same as cast iron, but this material is easier to clean and works well with acidic ingredients as well.
- Wrought Iron: This material is low-carob steel, which is special because it is non toxic, as well as sustainable in nature. Because of its durability, it can last several years without wearing down. It can be used on campfire grill, oven, stovetop – and it is lightweight.
- Glass and Vitro-ceramic: It is a great conductor of heat, does not react to acidic ingredients, and is resistant to stains. Because glass cookware can shatter with high heat, it is reinforced with vitro-ceramic.
- Uncoated Stainless Steel: This material is rust-resistance and extremely durable, and is also easy to maintain.
- Carbon Steel: It is a cross between cast iron and steel, which makes it durable, good heat conductor, easy to maintain, and compatible with stovetop, grill, oven, and more.
4 Benefits of Non Toxic Cookware
There are many benefits of using PFOA-free cookware. Not only do they provide you with healthier food, but they are also durable and reliable. Here are some of the many advantages of using non toxic cookware:
- Cost: Non-toxic cookware gives more benefits than non-stick cookware, but they are reasonably priced for the number of features they present.
- Safety: This type of cookware is safe and can be used for most types of cooking, including stovetop, campfire grill, oven, and so on. Additionally, most non-toxic materials can handle acidic ingredient and do not emit toxins into your food.
- Durability: The material that non toxic cookware is made of is durable and long-lasting – they are reliable and do not experience major wearing.
- Functionality: These non-toxic cookware sets heat evenly and quickly. Non toxic cookware can come in stainless steel and glass vitro-ceramic models, which are not difficult to maintain.
4 Cookware Materials You Should Avoid
You need to understand what type of material is unsafe and reactive, which prevents you from having healthy and safe meals. Here are some of the examples of materials that are toxic or reactive:
- TEFLON: Most non-stick cookware is made of TEFLON. Because non-stick is high in demand, it is important for everyone to beware of the toxicity of TEFLON. It is made with PFO which contains toxins which can easily be transferred to the food being cooked in it.
- Ceramic Coated Non-stick: These are marketed as toxin-free, but they contain Nano-particles despite not having PFO listed explicitly in the constituent of the material.
- Copper: When in contact with heat, copper particles are extracted from the cookware which then enter the food.
- Aluminum: Like copper, aluminum seeps into the food when heated and can cause several health problems. It is also reactive to acidic ingredients.
What's The Best Cookware Material For Non-Toxic Cookware?
Stainless Steel is one of the safest and most efficient cookware materials. It is lightweight, easy to clean, durable, and, most importantly, completely non-toxic. Cast Iron is also another safe material which lets you cook healthy meals, and is also compatible with different cooktops – this includes stoves, ovens, campfire grills, etc. A mix of both these materials, carbon steel, is the perfect combination.
Stainless steel is preferred because of its cost-effectiveness. Cast iron is a good conductor of heat but doesn't stay hot for a long time after being used.
Carbon steel is a good conductor of heat, is budget-friendly, and is extremely durable. It is the safest and most convenient for use. It is resistant to rust and is not reactive to acidic ingredients. Also, it is easy to clean and lightweight. This material is compatible with almost all cooktops. It is healthy and non-toxic.
All-Clad vs Demeyere Non-Toxic Cookware – Which is Better?
Essentially, the main difference All-clad and Demeyere cookware is the weight or thickness of the material. Demeyere is thicker than all-clad, but there are other comparisons to make. For example, because of the thickness, Demeyere cookware possesses better heating capacity and thermal conductivity due to heat mass. But, on the same note, All-clad cookware is lightweight and easy to maneuver. Thus, it all comes down to a person's individual needs.
If you want cookware that has better heating properties, then you should go for Demeyere, which is thicker. If you wish to have cookware that is lightweight and easy to maneuver, then you should opt for All-clad because it is less thick.
Why is Teflon-Coated Cookware Dangerous?
Non-stick cookware made with TEFLON is made with PFO, which is a highly toxic material. When in contact with heat, toxins from this cookware can enter the food. Moreover, the TEFLON can also expand with heat, which is a seriously harmful aspect of the cookware. Even cookware which is simply coated with TEFLON can be unsafe and unhealthy.
Today, Teflon cookware is made from non-toxic material, and do not have PFO. Therefore, it is not a smart decision to cook with Teflon-coated cookware that was manufactured before 2013. Still, opting for non-toxic cookware like stainless steel, cast iron, etc. is overall a better and more viable option.
How to Use Non-Toxic Ceramic Cookware for Healthy Cooking?
- Avoid overheating: This can cause the cookware to crack under the pressure of a high level of heat. It is not uncommon for ceramic, and glass as well, to shatter when it experiences high heat for a long time.
- Clean regularly: Ceramic cookware is easy to maintain and clean, but it is important to maintain it properly.
- Do not preheat: Because this material has great thermal conductivity, you do not have to preheat it before using it. This may cause the material to become too hot, and can be a risk if someone touches it without knowing that it's hot.
- Use proper utensils: Ceramic may get scratched easily, so avoid uses metal utensils which can easily break or harm the cookware.
Why should you Opt for Non-Toxic Cooking?
Non-toxic cooking is the healthiest way to cook your meals. Besides non-stick cookware becoming extremely popular these days because of efficiency and ease to maintain, you must understand how toxic non-stick pans can be. That's why you should opt-in for non-toxic cooking.
With non-toxic cookware, you can avoid the toxins from your pan or pot seeping into the food. It allows you to adopt a healthier lifestyle, without toxins in your food. PFOA, PTFE, aluminum, and copper are some of the most toxic cookware. Materials like stainless steel, cast iron, carbon steel, ceramic, glass, etc. are good for cooking non toxic food. Unsafe food not only harms your immune system through the direct intake, but the fumes of the heated toxins also get into your lungs through the air.
Non Toxic Pots and Pans Cleaning Tips
Almost all non-toxic cookware has the same functionality as non-stick pots and pans. Therefore, they are easy to maintain and clean. You have to make sure that you do not use the steel scrubbers for ceramic and glass cookware because they will easily get scratched. It is important to maintain the cast iron cookware regularly because they are prone to rust and therefore need better care. Do not clean cast iron the same way you would clean stainless steel.
Make sure that the bottom of the pan is cleaned very well because heat sometimes stains the bottom – and thus, it requires extra care. You can keep the cookware in water if there is food still stuck to it and wait till it gets soggy and comes off – this is a common method that can work on any type of cookware material.
What is The Best PTFE and PFOA Free Cookware?
GreenPan, as the name suggests, offers eco-friendly cooking. Out of the ten PFOA free items that we have keenly reviewed here, we find the best of the cookware options to be the first: Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set is the best PFOA and PTFE Free cookware.
First, it does not include Teflon, and has no coating to risk peeling or flaking off. Second, it is a complete kitchen set to invest in. Third, although a little pricey, it offers a great value for you money. Fourth, it 100% promotes health-friendly meals with no-toxins and minimal oil cooking. Last but not least, it just looks great!