Are you looking the best non toxic cookware? Looking no further, check out the 11 best PFOA and PTFE free cookware sets of 2020 reviews and why you should choose them over other options.
Best Non Toxic Cookware: Quick Comparison Table
Best Overall: Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Best Budget: T-fal E765SC Ultimate Hard Anodized Nonstick Cookware Set
Hard Anodized aluminum
Best Value: Calphalon Simply Nonstick Non Toxic Cookware Set
Hard Anodized aluminum
Best Non Stick: GreenPan Valencia Pro Induction Safe Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
Hard Anodized aluminum
Best Ceramic: GreenLife Soft-Grip Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Cookware Set
T-fal Ultimate Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set
Calphalon Simply Nonstick 10-Piece Non Toxic Cookware Set
11 Best PFOA and PTFE Free Cookware Reviews
1. Best Overall: Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set
The Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro cookware set offers the best pots and pans that are suitable for all kinds of cooktops. It is designed and constructed, keeping each factor in mind; excellent surface polish keeps the product’s color intact, does not adverse food reaction, and there are no alterations in flavors.
The triple-layer stainless steel construction keeps the heat distribution even and allows maximum heat retention. The rims of all cookware are designed for drip-free pouring.
The tight-fit lids in the Cuisinart cookware set are made of high-grade stainless steel, and the cool-grip handles are made of double-riveted stainless steel. The product is dishwasher safe, easy to use, and handle.
The Cuisinart cookware set is also one of the best cookware for glass top stoves.
Why We Like This Cuisinart Cookware Set:
2. Best Budget: T-fal Ultimate Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12-Piece Cookware Set
This T-Fal Ultimate nonstick cookware set of pots and pans are constructed with hard-anodized aluminum amalgam with titanium, which overall engineers a high-grade nonstick interior that is great for browning, sautéing, and frying. It also features a heavy-gauge to ensure long-lasting durability. The product is free from all types of toxins and harmful chemical coatings, which makes it a great option for health-cooking.
The best feature of these pots and pans is the exclusive indicator, which shows when the pan is at the perfect level of being heated and is then ready to have food prepared in it. Additionally, this cookware set is safe for dishwasher use and is extremely easy to clean and maintain due to its nonstick functionality. It is reasonably priced and provides an elegant look.
Why We Like This T-Fal Cookware Set:
With the advancement in technology, you would always want to upgrade your kitchen. T-fal gives you latest-technology cookware options. I included this cookware set in this list as it is a great investment to make for a modern kitchen; it is also an awe-inspiring gifting item for family occasions such as Thanksgiving.
3. Best Value: Calphalon Simply Nonstick 10-Piece Non Toxic Cookware Set
What more can you ask from the brand – Calphalon? 10-year of complete warranty on the product says it all. This Calphalon Simply range of pots and pans are a great investment to make if you are looking for the best non toxic cookware for long-lasting, prolonged use. It is sealed with two layers of nonstick coating, both being PFOE-free. It features durability and exceptional performance along with all functionality that any nonstick cookware can offer.
Calphalon cookware disallows any type of food, even the stickiest one, to get stuck on the surface of the cookware, making it convenient and effortless to clean and maintain the cookware. These covers are oven safe and can withstand heat up to 450oF. The comfortable grip handles are made of silicon with cast stainless steel, structured for heat resistance, and added comfort.
Why We Like This Calphalon Cookware Set:
This set is a little overpriced, but looking at the features and its durability factors, I believe that it is a complete value for money. It is a great investment to make, especially when you hear that the company offers a straight 10-year warranty on the product. Additionally, the design, make, and functionalities make highly popular in the market these days.
4. Best Non Stick: GreenPan Paris Pro Hard Anodized Healthy Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
GreenPan's nonstick coating is one of the best non toxic cookware set. It is free from toxins and harmful chemicals such as PFOA, PFAS, lead, and cadmium, which means you don't have to suffer from accidental overheating and toxic fumes releasing any more. The product's nonstick coating is reinforced with diamond coating for long-lasting durability; you can use any metal utensils to stir food inside. GreenPan uses earth-born material to build the nonstick coating, and it is free of Teflon too.
And, what makes this cookware set highly popular? It is the high-grade hard-anodized aluminum construction, which makes it twice as sturdy as regular stainless steel cookware. It can meet all your daily needs for a variety of cooking. It is versatile for use being compatible on most stovetops except induction. It is oven and grill safe as it can resist head up to 600°F. Easy to clean, this product has become a household favorite.
If you want to buy a GreenPan cookware set, read this full review of Green Pan.
Why We Like This GreenPan Cookware Set:
We simply loved this product – this 11-piece GreenPan cookware set. If you are finding it hard to get Teflon-free nonstick cookware, then this is it. You will simply love it because when using these pots and pans, you will completely forget what food sticking is, and we are completely impressed with its make and design.
5. Best Ceramic: GreenLife Soft-Grip 16-Piece Ceramic Nonstick Cookware Set
Are you in search of unique colors that can match your kitchen interiors? This GreenLife soft-grip nonstick cookware set is a perfect way to complement your kitchen décor. Primarily, it is a 100% non toxic cooking solution with no PFOA, lead, cadmium, or PFAS contents. Toxin-free cooking allows you to cook without overheating, toxic-fuming, and unhealthy chemical releasing. Additionally, with this 16-piece cooking tools, you get the ability to do low-calorie, diet cooking as well – cook delicious meals with minimal to no oil.
GreenLife provides solutions that ease your cooking process; the materials used to promote high heat conduction and even heating distribution allowing you to save your time and energy. It is compatible with all kinds of cooktops and can tolerate heat up to 350o F. Now, you can easily avoid quarrels at home, which normally occur on dishwashing – simply use the dishwasher to get your work done.
If you want to buy a GreenLife cookware set, read this GreenLife ceramic cookware review.
Why We Like This GreenLife Cookware Set:
This is the most-favored, PFOA, and PTFE free cookware when kitchen décor is your major concern. The color is fabulous, and the design and construction are sturdy. The thermolon ceramic coating brings a completely new meaning to health-friendly cooking, especially for those who are highly health cautious and love to make food in minimal oil or grease.
6. HOMI CHEF 14-Piece Non Toxic Stainless Steel Cookware Set
Do you intend for an extensive meal for your family and friends? This Homi Chef Cookware pots and pans allow you to cook a wide-range of meal items, which requires frying, searing, braising, simmering, and more. You can cook anything and everything to meet your daily cooking needs with this stainless steel 14-piece cookware set. The mirror-polished stainless steel design is far away from that old-school cookware and is absolute bliss for your dining table.
This nickel-free, ecological cookware comes with six years warranty; there's so much that it offers, which includes toxin and corrosion-free cooking, even heat distribution with high energy savings, and unwanted elimination of hotspots. Because it has no nonstick coating, the risk of toxins like PFOA and PTFE is zero. You can go for years together with this set of pots and pans.
Why We Like This HOMI CHEF Cookware Set:
If you don't like this Homi Chef Cookware set, you can return it within one month and acquire a refund. This is one thing that amused me the most. This shows how reliable the product and the brand are; you can be rest assured about its quality, make, usage, and maintenance. It is a complete value for money cookware set.
7. MICHELANGELO Ultra-Nonstick Stone 10-Piece Cookware Set
Michelangelo is an excellent option when it comes to non toxic cooking – it's stone-derived (granite) ultra-nonstick coating serves the purpose. This set of pots and pans is uniquely designed and ultra-sturdily constructed with die-cast aluminum to deliver optimum performance for years together. This 10-piece cookware set will never peel, chip or flake, and you will never see hot spots when cooking.
We know how hard it is to find induction cookware; here, you can end your search – it is designed with induction-compatible bottoms. Additionally, you can use these pots and pans on gas, electric, ceramic, glass, and halogen stovetops. You can also use it in the oven as it can tolerate heat up to 450oF. It is dishwasher safe; thereby, cleaning is easy and quick. It also includes user-friendly stay-cool handles and tempered-glass lids with vent holes.
Why We Like This MICHELANGELO Cookware Set:
What's better than cooking in earth-friendly material? You can felicitate yourself with conventional flavors and cooking options, which is 100% poison-free. The complete cookware set is free of toxins, including PFOA, lead, Teflon, cadmium, PTFA, and other harmful chemicals. And, you get this 10-piece set at a reasonable price. What more can you ask for?
8. GreenPan Lima Ceramic 12-Piece Nonstick Cookware Set
GreenPan's Lima collection is a blissful addition when it comes to health-defined cooking. It is an all-in-one package, especially if you are setting up a new, small kitchen for your family. The cookware set is made of hard-anodized aluminum body and thermolon ceramic nonstick coating, which makes it 100% free of harmful toxins such as PFAS, lead, PFOA, and cadmium. Even if you've overheated your pan, there'll be no toxic fumes. This is a hand-wash only cookware set.
Along with toxin-free construction, this 12-piece cookware set is all set to meet your daily cooking demands, and you will never find scratches on the cookware body, even after repeated uses. These pots and pans are compatible for use on all types of cooktops except induction stoves. You can use it in with ovens up to 600oF heat. The handles are designed with a comfortable, dual-riveted stainless steel grip, along with high-quality glass lids.
Why We Like This GreenPan Cookware Set:
Apart from the hand-washing limitation, this GreenPan Lima collection is an awesome inclusion for your home kitchen. It is a durable and long-lasting set of pots and pans, which is accompanied by high-grade lids and handles. It looks elegant and will complement your kitchen interiors. You can use this non toxic set with most cooktops, except induction.
9. Bruntmor Heavy-Duty Cast-Iron 7-Piece Non Toxic Cookware Set
Let's think about this with a difference! Are you searching for PFOA and PTFE free cookware set that tailgates with you when you are outdoors on an adventure? This Bruntmor cast iron cookware set will prove a great companion. It is pre-seasoned and offers a wide range of versatility. Non to mention, the material and the brand together feature power-packed functionalities. This cast iron cookware is designed for open-fire cooking, which is ideal for grilling and roasting – yes, you can also bake pizza in the Dutch oven that this cookware set offers.
Bruntmor also allows you to cook with burning ash. The entire kit comes in a wooden box that makes it highly portable. As all cookware are pre-seasoned, cleaning isn't a hassle anymore. The material being cast-iron, there's no question of toxins and harmful chemicals, and several generations can use it. Additionally, the quality of the surface keeps getting better and smoother on prolonged use. It will finally turn as good as a nonstick after repeated use.
Why We Like This Bruntmor Cookware Set:
Although this cookware set is distinct, it is all worth the fortune you are paying. You can leave it for your grandchildren to use it – it will just keep getting better and smoother. Cast iron construction outstands all other cookware materials. No wonder our ancestors were as healthy and lived twice as us.
10. WearEver 15-Piece Ceramic Non Toxic Cookware Set
Made of heavy-gauge aluminum construction and topped up with ceramic coating, The WearEver pots and pans are other examples of PFOA and PTFE free cookware set. It does not even contain lead and cadmium. It is scratch-proof, stain-proof, and highly durable. You can use metal utensils on the surface, where the heat is evenly distributed of these nonstick pots and pans.
You can cook on all types of stovetops except for induction using this non toxic cookware set. It is accompanied with soft-grip, riveted handles and glass-tempered lids with vents, which let you cook securely and comfortably. This set of nonstick pots and pans promotes healthy, performance cooking.
Why We Like This WearEver Cookware Set:
WearEver 15-piece nonstick cookware set meets all the demands of eco-friendly cooking; it is reasonably priced and is competitive with top cookware brands. The red look makes it complement my kitchen; thereby, it's here on the list.
11. BulbHead Red Copper 10-Piece Copper-Infused Ceramic Non Toxic Cookware Set
Bring out the chef in you with this extraordinary collection of BulbHead non toxic cookware set of pots and pans. It is an excellent pick for those looking for the best non toxic cookware set - it is constructed using tough copper-infused ceramic coating, which makes it corrosion-free and scratch-resistant. You can use it in the oven without having to worry about temperature - it can withstand heat up to 500F.
The BulbHead pots and pans set are easy to clean and maintain; it is safe for use is 100% toxin-free of lead, cadmium, PFOA, and PTFE. It is compatible for use with most cooktops. The BulbHead cookware is also one of the best cookware for glass top stoves; however, you must use wooden or nylon utensils only. It is dishwasher safe; however, I recommend you hand-wash them to make them last longer. It is a budget-friendly product.
Why We Like This BulbHead Cookware Set:
It's a careful pick for those who are tight on their budget, yet want something health-friendly; this 10-piece set will serve your purpose.
6 Things To Consider When Choosing Non Toxic Cookware
1. Cost: You have to make sure that you are not paying more than you bargain for, especially for cookware that would not be perfect for you. That's why it's important to rationalize your budget.
2. Thermal Conductivity: It refers to the ability of the cookware to spread the heat to the food evenly. This feature is very important to make sure that the food is evenly cooked.
3. Reactivity: Some materials react badly to acidic ingredients; it is necessary to check whether the cookware you buy is reactive to it or not.
4. Durability: The cookware you choose should be durable and last long without any wear and tear.
5. Easy Maintenance: Non-stick cookware is mostly toxic; therefore, non toxic cookware should avail of some of the nonstick functionality. It should be easy to clean and care for.
6. Induction ready cookware: Today, many kitchens have an induction cooktop, that's why it's important to check if the cookware you buy is compatible with induction cooking.
6 Best Materials for Non Toxic Cookware
- Cast Iron: It is one of the healthiest materials for cookware, and provides not only evenly cooked delicious food, but is also of heirloom quality. They work great on the stovetop, campfire, grill, and even oven. It is important to maintain them regularly.
- Enameled Cast Iron: The features almost the same as cast iron, but this material is easier to clean and works well with acidic ingredients as well.
- Wrought Iron: This material is low-carob steel, which is special because it is non toxic, as well as sustainable in nature. Because of its durability, it can last several years without wearing down. It can be used on campfire grill, oven, stovetop – and it is lightweight.
- Glass and Vitro-ceramic: It is a great conductor of heat, does not react to acidic ingredients, and is resistant to stains. Because glass can shatter with high heat, it is redesigned with vitro-ceramic.
- Uncoated Stainless Steel: This material is rust-resistance and extremely durable, and is also easy to maintain.
- Carbon Steel: It is a cross between cast iron and steel, which makes it durable, good heat conductor, easy to maintain, and compatible with stovetop, grill, oven, and more.
4 Benefits of using Non Toxic Cookware Sets
There are many benefits of using toxin-free cookware. Not only do they provide you with healthier food, but they are also durable and reliable. Here are some of the many advantages of using non toxic cookware:
- Cost: The non toxic cookware gives more benefits than the nonstick cookware, and other of the sorts, but they are reasonably priced for the number of features they present.
- Safety: This type of cookware is safe and can be used for most types of cooking; stovetop, campfire grill, oven. Additionally, most non toxic materials can handle acidic ingredient and do not emit toxins into your food.
- Durability: The material that non toxic cookware is made of is durable and long-lasting – they are reliable and do not experience major wearing.
- Functionality: They heat the food evenly and with speed. Non toxic cookware can come in stainless steel and glass vitro-ceramic models, which are not difficult to maintain.
4 Cookware Materials You Should Avoid
You need to understand what type of material is unsafe and reactive, which prevents you from having healthy and safe food. Here are some of the examples of materials that are toxic or reactive:
- TEFLON: Most nonstick cookware is made from TEFLON. Because nonstick is high in demand, it is inevitable for everyone to beware of the toxicity of TEFLON. It is made with PFO which contains toxins which can easily be transferred to the food being cooked in it.
- Ceramic Coated Non-stick: These are marketed as toxin-free, but they contain Nano-particles despite not having PFO listed explicitly in the constituent of the material.
- Copper: When in contact with heat, copper particles are extracted from the cookware which then enters the food that is being cooked in it.
- Aluminum: Like copper, the aluminum leeches into the food when heated and can cause several health problems. It is also reactive to acidic ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's The Best Cookware Material For Non Toxic Cookware?
Stainless Steel is one of the safest and efficient cookware materials. It is lightweight, easy to clean, durable, and, most importantly, completely non toxic. Cast Iron is also another safe material, lets you cook healthy meals, and is compatible with different cooktops – stove, oven, campfire grill, etc. A mix of both these materials, carbon steel, is the perfect combination.
Ideally, stainless steel is most preferred because of its cost-effectiveness. Cast iron is a good conductor of heat and doesn't stay hot for a long time after being used. The carbon steel is a good conductor of heat, comes under your budget, and is extremely durable. It is the safest and most convenient for use. It is resistant to rust and is not reactive to acidic ingredients like a tomato. Also, it is easy to clean and lightweight. This material is compatible with almost all cooktops. It is healthy and non toxic at all.
All-Clad vs Demeyere Non Toxic Cookware – Which is Better?
Essentially, the main difference All-clad and Demeyere cookware is the weight or thickness of the material. Demeyere is thicker than all-clad with a due overall comparison. But with this little difference in detail comes other comparisons. For example, because of the thickness, Demeyere cookware possesses the better heating capacity and thermal conductivity due to heat mass. But, on the same note, All-clad cookware is lightweight and easy to maneuver. Thus, it all comes down to a person's individual needs.
If you want cookware that has better heating properties, then you should go for Demeyere, which is thicker. If you wish to have cookware that is lightweight and easy to maneuver, then you should opt for All-clad because it is less thick than Demeyere.
Why is Teflon-Coated Cookware Dangerous?
Nonstick cookware, made with TEFLON, is made with PFO, which is a highly toxic material. When in contact with heat, toxins from this cookware can enter the food. Moreover, the TEFLON can also expand with heat, which is a seriously harmful aspect of the cookware. Even cookware, which is simply coated with TEFLON, can be extremely unsafe and unhealthy.
Today, Teflon-cookware is made from non toxic material, and do not have PFO. Because PFO is a toxin that is leached into the food from the cookware, which is extracted with the insulation from heat, therefore, it is not a smart decision to cook food with Teflon-coated cookware; that were manufactured before 2013; it is dangerous and should be avoided. Opting for non toxic cookware like stainless steel, cast iron, etc. is a better and more viable option.
How to Use Non Toxic Ceramic Cookware for Healthy Cooking?
- Avoid overheating: This can cause the cookware to crack under the pressure of a high level of heat. It is not uncommon that ceramic, and glass as well, shatters when it experiences high heat for a long time.
- Clean regularly: Ceramic cookware is easy to maintain and clean, but it is important to maintain it properly.
- Do not preheat: Because this material has great thermal conductivity, you do not have to preheat it before using it. This may cause the material to become too hot, and be a risk if someone touches it without knowing that it's hot.
- Use proper utensils: Ceramics may get scratches easily, so avoid uses metal utensils which can easily break or harm the ceramic.
Why should you Opt-in for Non Toxic Cooking?
Non-toxin cooking is the healthiest way to cook your food. Despite nonstick cookware becoming extremely popular these days because of efficiency and ease to maintain, you must understand how toxic nonstick pans can be. That's why you should opt-in for non toxic cooking.
With non toxic cookware, you can avoid the toxins from your pan or pot being leeched into the food being cooked into it. It allows you to adopt a healthier lifestyle, without toxins in your food. PFOA, PTFE, aluminum, and copper are some of the most toxic cookware, which is harmful. Materials like stainless steel, cast iron, carbon steel, ceramic, glass, etc. are good for cooking non toxic food. Unsafe food not only ruins your immune through the direct intake, but the fumes of the heated toxins also get into your lungs through the air.
Cleaning Tips For Non Toxic Pots and Pans
Almost all non toxic cookware has the same functionality as nonstick pots and pans. Therefore, they are easy to maintain and clean. You have to make sure that you do not use the steel scrubbers for ceramic and glass cookware because they would easily get scratches. It is important to maintain the cast iron cookware regularly because they are prone to rust and therefore need better care. Do not clean cast iron the way you would stainless steel.
Make sure that the bottom of the pan is cleaned very well because heat sometimes stains the bottom – and thus, it requires extra care. You can keep the cookware in water if there are sticky food still stuck to it and wait till it gets soggy and comes off – this is a common tactic that can work on any type of cookware material.
What is The Best Non Toxic Cookware?
GreenPan, as the name suggests, offers eco-friendly cooking. Out of the ten that I have keenly reviewed here, I find the first option - GreenPan Paris nonstick 14-piece professional cookware set the best non toxic cookware. It is a clear winner for me. And, why I am tilting towards these pots and pans? The reasons are clear.
First, it does not include Teflon, and the diamond reinforced ceramic coating offers a wow-factor to the entire set. Second, it is a complete kitchen set to invest in. Third, although a little overpriced, it offers complete value for money. Fourth, it 100% promotes health-friendly meals with no-toxins and minimal oil cooking. Last but not the least, it looks awesome.
Aren't these reasons enough for me to brag about my purchase and investment? What do you think?